Download and install the most recent drivers for your video device (you can get these from the webcam device’s manufacturer’s site). In many cases this is not necessary if it is a USB device.
- Select your video device in Skype by clicking the following from the Main Skype Control window: Tools -> Options -> General (tab) -> Video Settings (tab)
- If your webcam is functioning you will see yourself displayed. If you are not seeing yourself be sure you have Enable Skype Video checked. If you are still having difficulty click Webcam Settings. Please note: FireWire devices are not supported at this time.
- Make sure the option Enable Skype Video is checked. Also you can set video privacy settings to the desired options in the same window.
- The recommended System Requirements for Skype video calls are a 1Ghz CPU, 512MB RAM, a video card with at least 16MB of memory (also the latest version of DirectX installed) and a 512/256kbit (down/up) connection. Video and call quality may vary greatly in environments with conditions below those recommendations.
- Please ensure your webcam is connected and not in use by another program.
How do I set up my webcam for Skype Video?
Modified on: Sat, 1 Aug, 2015 at 12:06 PM